Accounts Assistant, Finance & Administration
Jobs at:Minet Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, July 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose for the Job
To manage underwriters accounts, reconcile general ledger and subledgers within stipulated deadlines.
Duties and Responsiblities
• Conduct monthly reconciliation of premium payable and premium receivable accounts, as well as regular meetings with underwriters to ensure correct premium payment allocation.
• Oversee daily premium collections in the system and guarantee accurate premium payment processing.
• Reconciliation and preparation of monthly investment income.
• Reconciliation of insurance balances between the company with the assigned underwriter.
• Monthly reconciliation and analysis of assigned
• General Ledger account.
• Reconciliation of intercompany accounts and ensure signed off for payment recoveries.
• Preparation of management accounts and consolidated financial statements.
Knowledge And Skills Required
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Insurance Regulatory Authority
• Regulations (IRA)
• Attention to details.
• Knowledge of applicable tax laws.
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Excellent report writing skills.
Professional and Academic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field
• Certified Public Accountants (CPA Part 1) /Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (Level 1)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.