Accounts Assistant – Temporary
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Coordinating closely with the Finance and Administration Manager, the temporary Accounts Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the Nawiri project. The Accountant will utilize the appropriate systems and follow proper RTI and USG accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds. This position will process staff travel advances, review expense reports, facilitate vendor payments, enter transactions in Quick Books, support VAT refund applications
This is anticipated to be a three month position.
• Processes staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and in compliance with organizational policy.
• Prepares payment vouchers related to project activities and supplier invoices, ensuring payments are in accordance with organizational policy and procedure; accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents; and correctly coded to appropriate expenses accounts and project codes.
• Ensures journal vouchers and adjusting journals have necessary reviews and approvals.
• Provides support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package for the project.
• Assists the Finance and Administration Manager in addressing monthly financial reports review comments raised by the compliance team.
• Reviews sub-awardee financial documents and ensure all invoices are accurate and properly supported.
• Issues payments to workshop/research participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor.
• Assists with VAT refund applications and follows up with vendors for the refund checks.
• Supports tracking of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking and record keeping.
• Ensures adequate filing of finance documents.
• Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CPA Part III preferred.
• Working experience of Donor funded projects. USAID experience is preferred.
• Experience working with Quick books
• Working experience with Mobile money bulk payment system
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships.
• Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills.
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.