Accounts Assistant 1
Jobs at:KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role is responsible for maintaining petty cash, fixed asset register and store management.
• Initiate and make petty cash payments and ensure all payments are approved before disbursement of cash.
• Organise cash collection from the bank as required and order foreign currency from the bank in good time so that Programme activities are not disrupted
• Manage petty cash, carry out daily reconciliations and generate daily reports for review and approval by the Assistant Accountant, update FMS cash books as necessary.
• Report overs or under daily following daily reconciliations and checks.
• Requisition petty cash and cheque books as needed and replenish the petty cash floats for various floats used by the Cash Office.
• Ensure that all monies for banking are balanced and ready for encashment when required and that they are posted in FMS with relevant coding; all other monies must be always locked in the safe.
• Organise Cash requests for travel and fieldwork when required
• Maintaining the cheque register
• Custodian of Nairobi stores
• Ensure that timely issue of store items to various user departments of the organization, based on duly approved internal requisition documents
• Ensure accuracy and no variances are reported during stock checks
Fixed Asset Management
• Maintain, update and keep custody of fixed asset register for the Nairobi Unit
• Keep Custody of the asset transfer forms and disposal forms
• Update the Asset register with additions and disposal.
• Send email on assets lists to be insured.
• Ensuring all new assets are tagged as received.
• Liaising with Kilifi Fixed Asset accountant and ensure the register is aligned.
• Ensure that any staff advances are signed at the time of receipt and posted in respective staff accounts
• Carry out staff account reconciliations for Nairobi office and clearance of balances by initiating payments or sending reminders where applicable.
• To process and close Staff Travel Requisitions and travel claims in FMS
• Provide support in procurement and sits in as cover for procurement assistant
• Liaising with procurement assistant on reorder levels and ordering store items.
• Provide support in processing of Invoices/payments including staff accounts, taxi, utilities, mileage, photocopy etc
• Assists in Supplier reconciliations when required.
• Sits in as cover for Assistant Accountant when required.
• Maintaining the journal voucher listing
Other Accounts and Administrative Duties
• Filing of documents and organising for archiving of files and documents
• Saving all necessary documents online in shared folders sequential as required
• Retrieval of documents for Audit purposes when required
• Maintaining the finance delivery book.
• And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• CPA II or ACCA II
• At least Three years accounting experience
• Data entry and records maintenance skills
• Bookkeeping and accounting skills
• Ability to use accounting packages and MS Excel
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Teamwork with the ability to work diverse teams
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.