Accounts Assistant- Intern
Jobs at:Salix Data
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Assistant- Intern
This specific role provides Accounting Assistance services to both internal (for SALIX) and external (for SALIX’s customers). SALIX has a growing sector of its business where customers want to outsource invoice processing and basic Accounting functions.
INTERNAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with creating project accounts in the accounting system
• Assist in accounts payables and receivables management
• Assist other project managers to create and track invoices.
• Assist in Investigating all project expenses not billed to customers
• Assist in Internal Accounting
• Assist in Investigating project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Assist with Project management tasks.
EXTERNAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in completing operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, implementing new procedures.
• Assist in providing quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
• Occasionally assist with meeting clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Assist in tracking project performance, using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
• Assist in project management tasks
• Assist with data entry tasks as may be required
• And any other duties assigned
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance. (Relevant certification in project management is a plus)
• One year of relevant experience in accounting and project management.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, good analytical, and multi-tasking skills
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
A successful candidate for this position will;
• Detail Oriented – achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
• Willingness to think proactively and anticipate future needs
• Proven ability to solve complex problems methodically
• Possess time keeping skills
• Can work and deliver with minimal supervision
• ·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a positive attitude – our culture at SALIX is very collaborative and we strive to provide an enjoyable work environment. We look for people that will enhance this culture
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.