Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accounts Assistant is a role within the BA finance function based in Kenya reporting to the Lead Accountant. The purpose of the role includes:
• Support the Lead Accountant in ensuring the Vendor accounts records are accurate for purposes of supporting payable activities.
• Manage cash outflows of the business through interaction with a third party and related party accountants.
• Participate in the month-end procedures within the area of influence and any other allocated tasks
• Support the function in the annual audit process and any other scheduled or Adhoc reviews.
• Manage the day-to-day transactions within accounts payables such as posting of vendor Invoices, allocations, and ledger posting with high accuracy of final accounts.
• Verifying supporting documentation and Reconciliation of 3rd party and related party accounts.
• Support in the month-end process by ensuring activities around payables and cash are accurate and any other allocated areas on an Adhoc basis.
• Perform bank reconciliations on all accounts by ensuring all transactions have been appropriately posted and any reconciling items have been appropriately resolved.
• Manage the internal controls framework within the finance operations to ensure compliance with the local and regional policies of the business.
• Facilitate tax compliance at a transactional level within the payable cycle.
• Ensure proper filing of all the records pertaining to the accounts payable with the business electronic systems and archiving for ease of accessibility to the relevant parties.
• Support the business function in any other activities that may be assigned
Critical success factors
• Payable Management and analytical skills
• Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
• Project planning and management
• Strong communication and relationships with local finance team members and other stakeholders.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
• A strong academic report with an undergraduate degree in commerce, accounting, or finance or its equivalent and a relevant professional qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, CIMA,
• Excellent knowledge of SAP and Ms. Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Excellent knowledge of relevant local/ regional tax legislations.
• Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls
• 1+ years of professional experience in financial operations and payable management
• Ability to manage self, work independently, make informed decisions, and determine priorities
• Time management skills with high proactive behavior to take initiatives
• Good interaction with functional leadership and external customers
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.