Jobs at:Hope Aid Worldwide
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Station; Nairobi Head Office, Kenya.
Objective of the Job Position:
To establish and manage, the finance and administration functions in Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya and develop capacity in the office to carry out these functions.
The job involves performing accounts and general administrative duties, working in close collaboration with department heads. Ensuring proper financial management, assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and strict adherence to finance and administrative policies. Ensuring proper asset management, including procurement, labeling and updating the asset registers.
Responsibilities for the Accounts Officer Job
Perform on-going accounting tasks:
• Manage payments and ensure that they are paid on time, authorised by appropriate staff, and the financial process and procedures are followed.
• Correctly allocate expenditure and process transactions to the correct general ledger (GL) accounts in cashbook
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations for review by your Manager)
• Produce accurate end of month, end of year accounts and other financial reports on time for approval by your Manager and CFO
• Maintain the fixed asset register, perform periodic physical counts of the assets, and review the state of the asset with your Manager
• Ensure Hope Aid Worldwide’s assets and financial information are adequately safeguarded and confidentiality is maintained.
• Provide analysis and recommendations to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability of the projects
Government, Compliance and Statutory requirements:
• Prepare the annual statutory financial statements
• Liaise with KRA advisor on any tax related matters
• Be the key liaison for Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya external audit process
• Create and maintain a record of all Kenyan regulatory requirements including insurance renewals, work permits, other licences and premises permits etc.
• Ensure all insurances, other licences and premises permits are current, complete and adequate for all aspects of the business and are renewed on time
• Ensure all statutory liabilities of Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya for taxes and duties are paid on time
• Keep up-to-date with relevant accounting standards and regulations in Kenya
• Oversee and ensure all relevant government reporting requirements are adhered to and filed by deadline dates;
• Where required, work with management to prepare and maintain employment contracts for Hope Aid Worldwide Kenya staff;
Accounts Officer Job Qualification
The prospective candidate will possess a first degree in Commerce or Business Administration With at least 2 years’ experience preferably in the NGO sector. A relevant professional qualification (CPA) is an added advantage. The position holder must be computer literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you fit the required qualification and experience for the above position, kindly send your letter of interest and CV to: email@example.com
The closing date for application is 14th March, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.