Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Strategic Finance Processes
• Responsible for maintaining Finance team mailbox and ensuring completion of workflow received through Finance inbox.
• Working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP system (“MD365”) on a daily basis.
• Responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger and payments including but not limited to:
• Ensuring maximum impact of the Oxfam International Shared Service Unit and responsible for processing all payments related to the Nairobi based programmes/business units
• Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to - daily
• Working with the Procurement Team to action fully approved supplier invoices - weekly
• Inputting invoice/credit notes details & scanning invoices into Dynamics 365 – daily
• Handling payment related inquiries from both Suppliers and internal departments
• Processing payments on Dynamics 365 and Citibank – Supplier Invoices/ Staff Expenses & Credit Cards – Weekly
• Monitoring and processing all Expenses claims and ensuring that the relevant approvals are obtained and process all payments - as required
• Monitoring payments and expenses to staff who have outstanding monies owed on credit cards & floats -as required
• Reconciling credit cards, including ensuring that all credit card returns are appropriately authorised - monthly
• Posting and reconciliation of expenditure in Dynamics 365 - weekly
• Monitoring and ensuring recovery of any personal expenses made on the Secretariat’s Credit Card – monthly
• Reconciling Supplier accounts – monthly
• Running supplier ageing reports – monthly
• Provide Payment Remittance to Affiliates, Vendors etc. – as required.
• Responsible for all aspects of Sales Ledger maintenance, including but not limited to:
• Working with the local Financial Accountant to raise recharges to business units and affiliates on a timely basis
• Ensuring that all income requests are properly supported, for instance agreeing requests to underlying Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) or funding agreements
• Reconciling Receivable control account against total customer balances – monthly
• Raising income requests from Affiliates – monthly
• Reconciling customer accounts – monthly
• Managing balance related queries from both Affiliates or external auditors
• Sending out Monthly statements to Affiliates, Customers, Regional Platforms and Vendors to ensure MD365 balances are in agreement with Receivable, Payable and Control Accounts.
• Responsible for all aspects of Bank and Cash maintenance, including but not limited to:
• Allocating payments received on Citibank against income requests - weekly
• Reconciling Nairobi held Bank Accounts in Dynamics 365 (KES, GBP, EURO & USD) twice monthly
• Following up any receipts or payments that require further investigation -weekly
• Monitoring balances on bank accounts on a daily basis to ensure sufficient balances to cover anticipated requirements and alert the Finance Operations Manager to surplus or low levels of funds
• Managing & reconciling the Secretariat’s Petty Cash Balances (KES,GBP, EURO, USD & various other currencies 14), including the issue and return of floats to staff and subsequent chasing & recording and reconciliation of said floats -as required
• Ensuring that all transactions on Citibank are posted to Dynamics 365 – daily ct as primary point of contact for day to day matters with the bank -as required
• Verbally confirming new bank details with vendors.
Other key tasks:
• Support the Financial Accountant and Finance & Payroll Officer as required and provide cover during holidays or periods of absence.
• Upload salaries and statutory payments to Citibank for authorization.
• Support statutory audit processes and donor audits.
• Ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time by the Finance Operations Manager.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
• Systems Thinking
• Mutual accountability
• Appropriate accounting qualification supported by membership of a relevant professional body (eg. Chartered or Certified Accounting body) - either AAT or 3 years + experience of a similar role
• Significant experience with an ERP finance system, preferably MicroSoft Dynamics 365 accounting system
• Experience in all aspect of financial accounting and experience in managing Debtors and Creditors Ledgers, Control Accounts and Bank Reconciliation
• Use of Control Accounts and thorough understanding of double entry
• High levels of computer literacy with advanced proficiency in MS Excel
• A high level of self-motivation and ability to work with limited supervision and deliver outcomes in a timely way.
• Able to work on own initiative, under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English- – including excellent attention to detail to enable the delivery of accurate outcomes.
• Flexibility to work non-standard hours may be required to engage with and support stakeholders across multiple time zones.
• Experience working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
• Experience with a business intelligence tool
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.