Accounts Payable Accountant
Jobs at:Brites Management
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Detail checking of cash book entries & vouchers /supporting also physical verification of cash & sign off
• Accounting for all purchases and returns ensuring they are fully supported by the relevant documents and duly approved.
• Accounting for all expenses invoices ensuring they are fully supported by the relevant documents and duly approved.
• Monthly Vendor accounts reconciliation and balance confirmations & ensure the reconciliations are signed off by your supervisor.
• Stock reconciliation of the physical stock to the system stocks, Variance reporting and recommendation of corrective measures and ensuring such corrective measures are undertaken/Implemented on timely basis.
• Accurately and timely Stock valuation of both raw materials, WIP finished goods (if any) & reporting.
• Creating of new Suppliers accounts in ERP ensuring all the relevant information is captured correctly.
• Creating new GLs accounts in ERP ensuring all the relevant information is captured correctly & only on approval by your supervisor.
• Monthly cut off journals that must be fully supported, serially numbered, serially filed & approved by your supervisor.
• Develop, implement and or constant review of the best accounts payable procedures in line with the company policy safeguarding the company’s financial data and resources.
• Ensure proper filing & archiving of all relevant accounting documents in a manner that they can be retrieved easily.
• Maintain an accurate & up to date accounts payable Ledger including contact details, KRA PIN, credit limit in days & amount.
• Monthly accounting for accruals and prepayments and reconciliation of the accounts.
• Audit Schedule - Facilitate financial Audit process by maintaining audit schedules for all GL accounts under code 5 & 6 ensuring they are accurate in all aspects & they agree with the YTD TB & Aged creditors agrees with the TB.
• Facilitate the VAT filing process by responding to purchases related queries.
• Maintain an updated fixed asset schedule, Fixed asset file & accounting deprecation on a timely basis.
• Swift response to Audit Queries including documents retrieval.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business or related field;
• Relevant professional qualification CPA /ACCA - 1V
• CPA K will be equivalent of all2 years of practical accounting experience;
• Good financial skills and conversant with financial reporting standards like IFRS, IAS and Kenyan Tax laws;
• IT savvy and a with exceptional Microsoft Excel skills to analyze and interpret data;
• Good analytical ability and numerical skills;
• Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers;
• A go-getter, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail;
• Ability to meet deadlines and observe monthly cut off
• Be objective, creative & innovative
• Have good problem analysis and reporting skills; and
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV urgently to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.