Accounts Payable Accountant
Jobs at:Deloitte Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a robust Internal Client Services unit positioned to deliver outstanding value and services needed to achieve Deloitte's vision. It enables client facing staff to work efficiently and effectively.
The Finance department provides finance and accounting services to the Firm and its leadership to support the business’ decision-making process. The Finance department is involved in the preparation of forecasts and financial plans and works with the various departments to ensure client receivables are managed effectively and that our cash and billings targets are met. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as an Accounts Payable Accountant.
Main purpose of the job
The holder of this position will manage external vendors processing from documentation in relation to items sourced, through to the resulting payments. They will also ensure processing of express and creditors EFT payments and liaise with creditors on various administrative issues.
What you will do
• Vendor master data management in liaison with the master data team;
• Management and liaison with preferred vendors;
• Matching of open purchase orders and goods received vouchers periodically in liaison with business;
• Confirm and approve vendor codes and Capture 3rd party expenses;
• Receive and capture invoices from Business Units while ensuring that order dates and details correspond;
• Prepare invoices for payment and export payments to the banking system for payment release by the authorised signatories;
• Reconcile payments to creditors statements and detailed vendor account;
• Prepare periodic reports to aid in cash flow planning;
• Review employees’ expense reports, verify accuracy and submit for payment/recovery;
• Conduct trainings on finance procurement and accounts payable processes to business;
• Update the Procurement Manager on country/ regional procurement and payment movements; and
• Investigate & communicate any disputed amounts and ensure resolution of queries that arise.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or relevant field.
• At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
• A professional qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an added advantage.
• SAP experience will be an added advantage.
• Be a Kenyan citizen or eligible to work in Kenya.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Desire to develop self and others.
• Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
• Sound problem solving ability.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Good financial knowledge.
• Sound business acumen.
• Focus on quality and risk.
• Well-developed computer user skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good project management and planning skills.
• Knowledge of the standardised routines of the role.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
• Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
• Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
• Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
• Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
• Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value differences, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.