Accounts Payable Accountant
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Accountant
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant to direct and manage the accounts payable activities of the business. The role holder will be responsible for maintaining the Accounts Payable Processing System; ensure all expenses are accurately recorded and properly documented; maintain and document relationship with all vendors, contractors and employees; assist with the monthly and annual close of books and records while ensuring compliance with applicable state laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accounts Payable: Develop and implement procedures to ensure timely processing of all account’s payable invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, etc. Maintain accurate records of accounts owed; Prepare invoices, including computing discounts, and coding expenses. Process timely payment of all liabilities generated and conduct periodic checks of department payables, including travel reports. Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders and invoices. Ensure the accurate and timely recording, documenting, and posting of Accounts payable transactions and checks.
• Month end closure: Ensure the month end close for the organization is completed accurately and on time. Identify, calculate and post any accounting adjustments in line with accounting standards and policies.
• Reconciliation: Coordinate quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as management accounts and cash flow forecasts. Support the implementation of the financial control framework including balance Sheet reconciliations), helping implement changes to policies and processes. Handle supplier reconciliations:
• Initiating online payments for supplier.
• Paying supplier in time as per credit terms and limit.
• Manage supplier aging report.
• Prepare and provide monthly reconciliations of Accounts Payable including proposed general journal entries and supporting documentation.
• Data Entry: Complete data entry to ensure all accounts payable invoices, credit card transactions and check requests are recorded in compliance with the organization’s policies, applicable laws and regulations, and sound internal control. Processes all authorized purchase orders and invoices and ensures timely data entry to financial system.
• Vendor Management: Maintain vendor permanent file and ensure required documentation is current and in compliance with all applicable tax requirements. Maintain vendor permanent file and ensure required documentation is current and in compliance with all applicable tax requirements; Researches issues, responds to questions, and provides assistance to staff regarding purchase orders and vendor transactions
• Reporting: Assist with statutory reporting; Prepare weekly and monthly cash requirements reports and reconciliations and submit to for review
• Compliance: Oversee and ensure compliance on our tax responsibilities including, VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax and other such related matters. Assist in the compilation of information for the annual audit.
• Administration: Work with key stakeholders to manage and resolve any Accounts Payable issues. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including auditable records. Maintain accurate, organized filing system of paid and unpaid invoices and purchase orders.
• Any other duties assigned by the Finance Manager.
• At least 5 years of experience working in an accountants' practice in a commercial and structured environment;
• Fully qualified Accountant with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance;
• Strong experience in dealing with VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax and other such;
• Experienced using BTC, VT, Quick Book, Sage, Excel, Word, and other common software;
• Have knowledge of application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• Have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially in Excel;
• Have experience of working with financial accounting package;
• Good knowledge of accounting principles;
• Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance;
• Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing;
• Experience in the month end cycle to close our books and prepare monthly.
Competencies and Key Skills:
• Strong Financial Acumen;
• Problem Solving Skills;
• Analytical Thinking;
• Detail Orientation;
• Planning & organization skills;
• Tech Savvy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.