Accounts Payable Manager
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for providing accurate and timely payment of all IRC domestic vendor payments. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring that IRC policies relating to disbursements and travel reimbursements are adhered to and that expenditures are charged to the proper department and budget lines. The Accounts Payable Manager reports to the Accounts Payable Officer and works closely with internal colleagues at IRC HQ and a wide variety of external vendors.
• Process data entry of accounts payable and process payment requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Process ACH payments per the payment process set up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Process check issuance and check distribution in a timely and accurate manner.
• Follow-up on long outstanding checks for clearing with the payee and issue a replacement for stale checks as necessary.
• Follow-up on ACH returns and re-process with the correct account information.
• Perform ongoing reconciliation of accounts payable outstanding balances in the general ledger.
• Perform adjusting journal entries, void checks, and record stop payment as necessary.
• Ensure all payment requests are in compliance with disbursement policies and procedures. This includes ensuring disbursements are properly authorized and are supported by proper documentation. In the case of consultant payments, this includes ensuring the payment is processed as per the established consultant payment documentation requirement and a signed contract is provided.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with vendors and IRC staff on the status of payment including sending payment confirmation to payees as soon as it is processed.
• Advise or respond to staff inquiries regarding disbursement policies and procedures, including authority limits, advances, tax waivers and supporting documentation.
• Track and follow-up on any payments that have been on hold or returned for correction. Provide the necessary information for bank reconciliations in case of variances.
• Process petty cash replenishment request on time as per the replenishment request submitted.
• Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Work Experience Requirements
• Min. 1-2 years Accounts Payable experience or related experience in bookkeeping, accounting
• Demonstrated knowledge of computerized AP and/or accounting systems and experience with financial related software (excel, accounting packages)
• Previous work experience with a major general ledger software package – experience with SUN preferred
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and meet deadlines while delivering quality work
• Flexible work attitude, including the ability to meet unexpected demands and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
• Proven aptitude for numbers and demonstrated ease with processing detailed information accurately
• Strong computer skills, facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting software, and email/internet software
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.