Accounts Receivable Accountant
Jobs at:Deloitte Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main purpose of the job
• The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining an up to date accounts receivable ledger and carrying out cash and banking activities for the Kenya office and overseeing the East Africa Accounts Receivable unit. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the preparation of working capital management reports for Deloitte East Africa (DEA).
What you will do
• Carry out daily banking, coding and reporting of cash collections to the Firm’s managers and partners;
• Reprocess cash receipts from clients, withholding tax, E-VAT and WVAT Certificates into the accounts receivable ledger via the reprocessing application in SAP;
• Reprocess cash receipts from staff to the general ledger in SAP;
• Maintain contact with the Kenya office bank relationship manager on transaction matters;
• Prepare departmental and portfolio collection targets in accordance to the Firm’s policy;
• Review bad debts provisions as posted in SAP for accuracy and process any adjustments;
• Prepare and process the bad debts write offs report in accordance to the Firm’s policy;
• Reconcile the receipts sub module of the bank General Ledger (GL) Accounts as well as other assigned GL accounts for by the 28th of every month to ensure all receipts are captured;
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports including revenue, debtors and working capital reports by the 10th day of every month.
• Improve the quality of the accounts receivable reports and their presentation; and
• Support in other finance related projects assigned from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
• Professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
• 2-3 years accounting experience in a busy environment. Experience in accounts receivable is an added advantage.
• SAP experience is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
• Good planning and organization skills; and
• Sound problem-solving ability.
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Good accounting knowledge;
• Well-developed computer MS Office skills – especially advanced MS Excel; and
• Excellent analytical skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.