Actuals Reporting Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Own and continuously improve the end-to-end S&OP forecasting process, annual Planning process & MCO targets vs actual performance Timely and accurate management reporting of business performance to Unilever Head office and to the local management within the East Africa Cluster. Drive information simplification and value, govern and control information management and usage.
Head of FET Team FET: Performance Management Lead/ Decision support Leads Supply Chain Finance Team/ SC Planning Teams Country Finance Business Partners CCBT Leads/Brand Managers
Prepare the total East Africa MCO forecast & individual category forecasts (assumptions, risks, opportunities, cash up) on a monthly/quarterly basis, prepare supporting analysis and participate in the review of these forecasts with the relevant Category Leads, their Finance Decision Support partners and with the Country Leadership Teams. Provide challenge to the S&OP process driving towards a high degree of alignment between volume and value and supporting the business with the identification of risks and opportunities. Owners of Smart-view Cash up tool responsible for coordinating forecast inputs into the tool and consolidating the full P&L view ahead of monthly Category and Country Leadership review meetings. Communicate and manage monthly MCO targets at total business and category levels. Act as the Finance champion of forecast bias and accuracy & VVD and drive action plans to improve the KPI’s Engagement with Africa Cluster Information and Analytics team on MCO Performance, Annual Operating Plan, and financial forecast submissions. Act as the Finance champion in the MCO Annual Operating Plan process. Build and actively use a network of finance peers across Unilever globally to both share and adopt good practices in Planning & Forecasting. Drive improvement in the forecast process of the business.
Support the business in generating its own insights and support the local market with management reporting requirements for Cluster / Global Power BI – Develop and maintain Power BI dashboards that cater for the majority of information needs from all stakeholders Ensure OTIF compliance to Global and Africa Reporting submission timelines and quality standards. Ensure data accuracy for reporting and updated hierarchies by maintaining master data and coordinating data cleansing where required (review and sign-off of cost centres, hierarchies, price position etc.) Preparing and submitting all Management reports (FIPA, V200, V220 & flash results) through effective partnering with GCOPA Act as the first point of contact in the MCO for Information & Reporting capabilities Administering One View SharePoint; driving OTIF publication and Usage KPIs; training both users and publishers
Knowledge & Skill
• Exceptional ability to manage workload and identify priority tasks to meet tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Excel modelling skills and attention to detail along with a highly developed commercial awareness.
• Strong engagement, presentation, and communication skills.
• Ability to work fluidly with data and across systems that support the S&OP process (e.g., SAP, BW, Power BI, SmartView cash up tool)
• Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders, build good relationships and challenge constructively and confidently.
• Self-driven and tech-savvy Interest in data and financial analysis with high standards of accuracy and willing to go the extra mile. Business Acumen.
• A University degree preferably in a business-related field CPA, CIMA, or related qualification added advantage.
• At least 2+ years of experience within a commercial Finance or reporting function in a busy FMCG environment.
• Knowledge of Key Finance processes (e.g., annual operating plan, record to report, etc.) Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and evaluating business performance. Good understanding of ERP accounting systems (SAP, BW, SmartView GCUT knowledge added advantage)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.