Admin, HR and HSE Officer
Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure candidate documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
• Oversee all staff engagement for the country office and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
• Compliance and Record-keeping
• Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
• Manage time clocking system for the office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
• Compensation and Benefits as well as Employee Relations.
• Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of Payroll.
• Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
• Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions with county officials.
• Undertake employee training and development and make recommendations.
• Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
• Coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
• Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
• Investigate employee relations issues and work to ensure human resources-related decisions are consistent and fair.
• Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures. Monitoring plant operations to ensure that they comply with government regulations on environmental protection, safety, and health issues such as OSHA standards
• Ensuring that employees are trained in proper safety practices and procedures, including emergency response protocols
• Coordinating with production teams and other departments to ensure that production goals are met
• Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local and state regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Provide HSE training, awareness and induction on site to staff, contractors and other relevant parties.
• Performs safety audits and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
• Have first line responsibility for incident investigations, including but not limited to investigating, making initial recommendations and putting measures in place to prevent reoccurrence
• Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
• Keep HSE statistical records, such as incidents, accidents, near-misses and working hours on site.
• Ensuring the well-being of workforce and compliance of HSE within the plant.
• Keep HSE registers up to date, including renewals of permits, licenses, etc.
• Assist Plant Manager to implement accident-prevention and environmental impact activities on site.
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced including medical checkups for the staff.
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, use of PPEs and occupational diseases.
• Act as Emergency coordinator on site.
• Degree in relevant area, HR environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as HR and HSE Officer preferably in a busy manufacturing plant.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with HR and HSE management systems in an industrial setting.
• OHS certification or equivalent.
• Knowledge of ISO safety, quality and environmental standards (preferred).
• Management skills basic courses (preferred).
• Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred).
• Fluent knowledge of English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.