Administration Officer, FT NOB
Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties;
•Contribute to the implementation of WFP country and regional plans to ensure they are aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies;
•Develop annual plans, contribute to longer-term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and align with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes;
•Manage complex data analysis to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making;
•Manage the existing resources in Administration and estimate new requirements seeking at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations;
•Facilitate the compliance of the services provided in line with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and give recommendations to the management on improvements/changes needed;
•Promote a culture of environmental sustainability in WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities;
•Manage and empower a multicultural team, provide mentorship, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and high performance;
•Build and maintain positive relationships with WFP partners, UN agencies and local government offices;
•Contribute to emergency preparedness actions to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of crisis;
•Perform other Administration related duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong leadership skills and proven experience in managing a team
• Strong analytical skills
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is highly desirable.
• Proficiency knowledge in Microsoft Office packages (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
• Advanced University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• At least three years or more of professional experience in administration and facilities management with a private or public sector organization. Experience in managing several large multicultural teams, leading projects and developing function policies is essential.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.