Administration and HR Officer
Jobs at:Peace Winds Japan
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities Office Administration
• Perform day-to-day administrative duties as assigned including receiving of PWJ visitors
• In charge of receiving & redirecting of office mails, including organizing for collection of mails from the Nairobi and dispatch of the same.
• Maintaining a communication list of all focal persons of agencies operating in Kakuma
• In charge of office outlook: cleanliness & organization
• Ensuring proper working of office utilities
• Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information that he may have access to in the execution of his/her duties
• Develop and maintain an accurate and efficient filling system
• Travel Arrangements
• Arranging flights, transport and accommodation for staff and visitors on travel
• Arranging all travel documents for staff and visitors and advising them on all issues that relate to traveling including liaising with the relevant government offices
• Ensure all staff are abiding by organization’s travel regulations
• Human Resource Management
• Participate in the periodic review of the HR policies and procedures recommending changes to the management
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of PWJ HR policies and ensure employee adherence to HR policies.
• Ensure PWJ is compliant with all employment laws to minimization of legal exposure as part of the general PWJ risk Management.
• Ensure staff files are complete, secure and confidential.
• Coordinate and ensure compliance to the performance management system timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process and maintain a record of all objectives set by all supervisors
• Attend to staff issues in regards to benefits, grievances, disputes and disciplinary cases in conformity with HR policies.
• Ensure fair and consistent enforcement of rules and regulations governing the incentive staff in Kakuma operation
• Ensure every staff has and have signed a job description detailing their duties.
• Coordinate the recruitment processes ensuring compliance to hiring policies and procedures, and that best practice is followed and documented
• Vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate.
• Maintain tracking system of Kakuma operation vacancies and the entire recruitment process and compile monthly report on recruitment.
• Participate in recruitment interviews, provide interview outcome summary.
• Responsible for staff orientation and on boarding of all new staff.
• Lead the recruitment of Intern and overall implementation of the Internship policy at the Field Office.
• Lead the workforce planning process and Support succession planning discussions and implementation of agreed activities at the Field Office
• Compile updates and HR Management reports.
• Periodically review organizational charts to ensure that they are up to date, reflect current staffing levels and payroll and conform to the PWJ policies.
• Responsible for maintenance and ensuring monthly reporting through timesheets.
• Ensure all staff have valid and signed employment contracts
• Monitor and ensure end of probation evaluations take place and outcomes implemented
• Coordinate the exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month.
• Facilitate for preparation of employee final dues and termination of benefit enrolments
• Close staff records on Timesheets
Staff Learning and Development:
• Coordinate development of the annual Learning and Development (L&D) plan
• Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in the Annual L&D Plan
• Monitor and produce periodic reports on the implementation of the learning and development Annual Plan including mandatory required internal training.
Required qualifications, skills and experience Education:
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or a Bachelor’s degree in business administration and/or a Diploma in Human Resources Management/Business administration.
• 5 years relevant experience in a similar position or as a Human Resources Officer in a busy Organization.
• Microsoft Office packages application
• Membership certificate of recognized practitioner organizations such as Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) is added advantage
• Excellent knowledge of Kenyan labour legislations.
• Proven skills in conflict resolution.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent People Management skills.
• Demonstrable behavioural competencies including; Diversity, Proactive -Problem Solving, Stress Tolerance, Collaboration, Coaching, Developing Teams, Planning and Organizing, Managing Performance for Success and Delegating Responsibility
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his/her specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
• Adhering to all PWJ’s policies and procedures at all times.
• Deliver project objectives within time, resource and budget constraints
• Correctness and completeness of given tasks
• The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness.
• Prompt providing of all relevant information to his/her supervisor
• Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
• Representing and upholding the values of PWJ at all times
• Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We are looking to recruit Kenyan national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates
are cordially invited to send a cover letter (1 page) indicating salary expectation and resume (3 pages) as one pdf document no later than 19 January 2023 to: email@example.com When applying indicate the title this position on the Subject line as ‘CLERK OF WORKS’. Due to the urgency to fill this position, shortlisting and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.