Administrative and Finance Officer
Jobs at:World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will manage and implement the overall administrative services of the department/office in the area of work planning, monitoring budget and finance, human resources and all administrative services of the office. The Administrative and Finance Officer will report to the Operations Support and Logistics Officer (1st level supervisor), while under the overall guidance of the Regional Operations and Logistics Support Lead, who will also be the 2nd level supervisor.
• Within the framework of the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following duties which are performed according to the needs and agenda:
• Monitor the implementation of Direct Financial Contributions (DFCs) to the Government, including the financial and technical reporting.
• Compile inputs to create and update cluster work plans in the Global Service Management (GSM); regular review of planned costs against work plan funding and award budgets.
• Complete Award Activation, Distribution, and Amendment requests.
• Monitor the utilization of award budgets against expenditures, award distributions against approved project funding, and PB allocations.
• Assist with supplier creation requests.
• Identify and process necessary revisions to expenditures, award budgets, and project funding.
• Ensure the smooth functioning of the GSM workflow process at the cluster level, including organizing regular briefings for staff members.
• Follow up on cancellation of encumbrances on activities.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Human Resources And Procurement
• Assist the HR Unit in Leave administration for the team members; keep track of contract renewals of teams and takes action; accordingly, follow up on the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS) of team members; process periodic medicals, temporary recruitment and selection, and separations.
• Assist in monitoring and reviewing position costs and staff costs.
• Support and compiles requests for the procurement of goods and services; acknowledge receipt of goods and services, including the maintenance and updating of the cluster inventory on non-expendable items.
• Assist in the procurement of material resources to the level delegated to the cluster as and when required by the team.
Administrative Support And Coordination
• Perform overall coordination of cluster administrative and support services.
• Ensure compliance with organizational rules and procedures on all administrative and financial matters and transactions; undertake regular briefing sessions for team members.
• Follow-up on programme implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff to problems, inconsistencies, and delays.
• Draft correspondence on own initiative or based on instructions; or redirect them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other staff concerned. To assist in drafting evaluations and justifications as required.
• Provide coordinating support in the preparation of meetings and seminars. Maintain a central list of trainers/resource people and supervisors from the regions and national institutes and collate all background documentation related to the activities. Assist with logistical arrangements as appropriate (i.e., arrange note-taking, coordinate preparation of minutes and reports, and arrange translation/interpretation).
• Provide admin support to the team members of the cluster, including the processing correspondences, travel arrangements, and meeting arrangements; and Maintaining a filing system.
• Provide support to staff in initiating Travel Requests (TRs) and advising on Travel Claim (TC) submissions with orientations on supporting documentation and Records Management (RMS) nomenclature.
• Ensure proper administration of physical resources and office arrangements for team members, including vehicles, office equipment, furniture, and supplies, and produce a status report regularly.
• Supervise the admin support team under the cluster, assign duties and monitor performance.
• Essential: First university degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
• Desirable: Advanced degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited/recognized institute. Professional certification in areas such as finance, accounting, operations management, etc
• At Least Five (5) Years Of Relevant Work Experience In a Comparable International Organization In At Least Three Of The Areas Below
• Financial accounting, monitoring and reporting, budget planning, processing of transactions, use of financial management systems, and audit.
• Procurement of goods and services, human resource support.
• Event organization, travel organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
• Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization on careers.who.int to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.