Jobs at:County Public Service Board of Marsabit
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pursuant to County Government Act section 59 (1) (a) and (b) and the constitution of Kenya 2010, the County Public Service Board of Marsabit wishes to recruit competent and qualified citizens to fill the following vacant positions in the under listed County departments.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
CPSBM 37/ALF/27/01/2021: Agricultural Agronomist (Job Group K) – 1 post
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable .
• Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
• Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
• Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
• Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
• Selling personalized consultation services to clients.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
• Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office
• Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of academic and professional certificates/Qualifications, Copy of National ID card and duly filled CPSBM Employment form (Downloadable from Board’s Website) in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
All applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below:
i. Kenya Revenue authority (Tax compliance certificate)
ii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
iii. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct)
iv. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before close of business Wednesday 17th February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification, it is an offence to produce and /or present fake certificates/documents.
Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalized/Minorities who meet the requirement of the advertised posts are encouraged to apply.
‘The County Government of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer’
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.