Analyst, Finance Systems
Jobs at:Standard Bank Group
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Analyst, Finance Systems
This role is responsible for financial data and information integrity, Systems control and data governance, testing and implementing Finance systems, inter-system reconciliations, management and review of access control for T24, Enterprise data warehouse, GBM, BOLT and Power BI.
Support financial management
• Accountable for transactional financial data and information integrity through gathering, analysing, interpreting and reporting of financial information.
• Review transactional financial data and information integrity to ensure they accurately reflect the operating results of the business.
• Analyse and interpret data in order to provide financial management information to business stakeholders for decision making.
• Prepare and process accounting journals and verify that supporting documentation to journals is available.
• Automation and digitization of financial reports and processes through business intelligence tools such as Power BI.
Maintain a strong system control environment
• System checks (Data Consistency) by performing several checks to ensure data integrity is not compromised. That is, all transaction should balance at Total, Currency, on and off-balance sheet.
• System controls by facilitating creation of new users training, and monitoring users’ activities to ensure they use the system correctly and that logons are not shared.
• Correct mismatches and GL differences picked from the integrity tests by identifying the problem, drilling to determine the root cause of the problem, when it started, solutioning, testing, implementing and monitoring.
• Testing banks systems by providing assurance that the integrity of any system change or a new system implementation on the ledger and other static data. In addition, running integrity testing for all finance related projects.
• Assess the effectiveness of financial controls throughout the group and advise/escalate where there is misalignment by ensuring adherence to policies and controls and reviewing and testing the internal financial controls processes by performing sample tests on some IFC controls to check if they are operating as per framework
Monitor risk and ensure compliance
• Enforce the group guidelines and policies around financial management and financial control.
• Ensure that all risk issues are managed properly, and incidents are reported timeously with all relevant stakeholders.
• Partner and comply with relevant risk and compliance regulatory frameworks for all finance activities.
• Ensure reputation and business risk is managed.
• Ensure that mandatory compliance training in finance is driven effectively.
• Assist in balance sheet substantiation of all balance sheet accounts.
• Provide technical accounting support for finance and business units
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements
• Support in financial audits in the group
Be a trusted advisor to the business
• Support the business finance teams in creating a finance partnership.
• Obtain an understanding of the business environment and processes which are being supported in order to add value and allow for appropriate decision making to occur.
• Provide assistance in the gathering of financial and non-financial information to support the relevant finance line manager.
Direct, monitor, manage and support the team in delivering on agreed performance and strategic goals
• Manage stakeholder expectations proactively and appropriately
• Participate in departmental goal.
• Proactively drive own development plans.
• Monitor and support the team in delivering agreed performance goals through collaboration
• First Degree in Finance and or Accounting
• Must have a professional certification (CPA (K)/ACCA/CIFA).
• Must have working knowledge of IFRS, SAP, NBOL, COUPA, T-24, Power BI
• Must have extensive knowledge in SQL developer, Macros, Python, Microsoft Power Automate
3 - 5 years experience in a fast-paced finance/IT department
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified? Click here to Apply Now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.