Applications Support Manager
Jobs at:KCB Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications Support Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of Banks software applications and to make recommendations on software applications. The role also covers the efficient functioning and day to day running of the business applications.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs. Recommend, develop, and administer policies and procedures. Recommend, within divisional policy, appropriate service, and staffing levels.
• Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for Applications Support staff. Assign work activities, projects, and programs. Review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
• Implement system changes through automation, process change, management solutions and training.
• Conduct diagnostic investigations of system errors and implement or recommend solutions or methodologies for resolution. Consult with vendors regarding system functionality.
• Prepare various documentation including project reports, process and user manuals, presentations, strategic and technical plans, and other related information on assigned application analyses.
• Develops risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for central and distributed systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. Identifies and makes recommendations regarding critical points of failure. Develops and implements policies and procedures for business continuance and disaster recovery plans. Proactive in building processes to minimize/eliminate downtime.
• Responsible for researching, developing, and implementing testing methods and procedures. Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards. Monitors and reports on defects.
• Review proposed systems software for compliance with applicable quality assurance standards before acquisition or implementation.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Certification in MCP or MCSE or MCSA or MCITP or ITIL is required.
• 4 years Technology experience with equivalent experience in:
• Operating a variety of computer platforms and operating systems.
• Application software installation and support.
• Experience in basic budgeting, contracting, purchasing practices, policies and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.