Jobs at:Cedar Consulting Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overview of Responsibilities
Successful candidates will play a vital role in designing and managing various interventions to catalyse rapid sector development. This may include designing and brokering support to SMEs; working on the development of critical skills and training systems for the sector; enabling significant improvements in supporting markets and products that are required for the growth of the sector; or supporting upgrades in sector governance and the policy environment. Ultimately, the successful candidates will be responsible for designing and delivering support that unlocks lasting change in the sectors in which Gatsby works.
Successful candidates will work closely with world-leading technical experts as well as leading businesses and senior government officials.
The responsibilities will include:
• Designing and brokering deals for support with leading companies and institutions.
• Manage a network of world-leading experts and technical advisors.
• Undertake regular field visits to collect and synthesize information.
• Support improved sector governance and public-private engagement.
• Influencing and managing key relationships with sector stakeholders.
Competencies and Attributes
• Independent and critical thinker
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Comfort with ambiguity and change
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong curiosity and keenness to learn and improve
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Ability to build robust relationships
• Values driven, with unquestionable integrity and respect
Experience and Qualifications
• Given the range of roles being recruited in this round, we are open to applications from both recent graduates with little or no working experience, as well as more experienced professionals with up to 15 years’ working experience in a relevant area such as a professional service and/or consultancy firm, a business or a private sector development organization.
• An undergraduate degree from a reputable institution.
• Prior experience in either private sector development or with any of Gatsby’s focus sectors is not necessary.
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Our Values and Behaviours
Gatsby Africa has developed a set of core values that will be used to assess a candidate’s fit with the organisation and provide the basis for the culture that we aspire to use in our operations. Our staff are:
• Ambitious - Showing determination to deliver long-term and large-scale outcomes for others, and to achieve our own potential.
• Collaborative - Working together to develop strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, while understanding others’ needs and enhancing their capabilities to drive change.
• Thoughtful - Reflecting on evidence and learning from our activities and those of others to design, adapt and improve our work.
• Dynamic - Rapidly adapting to new challenges, opportunities and learning.
• Honest - Playing a trusted role as an honest broker for change, being open to learn from others, and admitting our challenges.
• Caring - putting people first and looking out for each other.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Cedar Consulting Ltd on cedarafricagroup.catsone.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.