Area Accounting Manager
Jobs at:Maersk Line
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Area Accounting Manager
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Area Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Team. This person will provide insight into the Area Financial Statements and SGA control across the area. You’ll actively collaborate with cross-functional business partners to drive process excellence and financial statement accuracy. You will build strong and dynamic partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders such as Government authorities, and Auditors. In addition, the Area Accounting Manager will need to be on top of governance, secure our licence to operate, ensure robust internal controls and protect and enhance our external reputation.
What you will work on
• You will use your strong reporting background and partnerships across the organization to build and maintain executive-level reporting leveraged by leadership as part of regular reporting gates and earnings calls.
• You will be responsible for driving a centrally led point of view for all accounting, compliance, treasury, and internal control related matters in the Area as well as the senior liaison between the frontline / Region and various GSC teams.
• The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive understanding of financial reporting systems, strong analytical and presentation skills, and the ability to manage complexity across the portfolio in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Who will you work with
• You will report to the Area Finance Manager – East Africa and collaborate with Global Functions’ Finance teams, Area Management including Area MD, Finance Manager, Product and Customer Experience teams. This role will include collaboration with the Regional Tax Team, Legal, Internal Audit Governance, Risk and Assurance Team and Group Treasury and Working Capital Teams.
• You will have exposure to Senior Finance Leadership throughout the key reporting gates where your strong storytelling and analytical skills will shine.
Key responsibilities include
Accounting and Finance
• Drive the collaboration with the various GSC accounting and finance teams to achieve desired outcomes
• Own and provide insight into the Area Financial statements
• Ensure that all ageing open items and exposures on the Area Balance Sheet are identified in a timely manner and are sufficiently mitigated by driving appropriate actions with the relevant parties
• Drive the delivery of working capital across the Area in close collaboration with GSC wherever applicable, including effective follow-up on any trapped/restricted cash balances in the Area
• Act as the focal point for all accounting and finance improvements within the Area (example: banking solution improvements, accounting GAAP / SAP implementation)
• Ensure a cost centre level visibility of all SGA across entities and full budgeting
• Ensure an accounting structure to facilitate the product level profitability where multiple products handled within one entity (e.g CFS)
• Ensure a timely book-close where still managed locally and in close collaboration with the GSC where already offshored
• Ensure that the year-end audit and preparation of the Annual Financial Statements is completed timely in conjunction with the GSC and an unqualified audit report is issued for all entities within the Area
Compliance (Our licence to operate)
• Maintain our license to operate, ensure we are a good corporate citizen and live up to our values and standards
• Improve our external reputation and ensure we are in full compliance with all statutory obligations we have in the Area
• Engage with local authorities as needed
• Be accountable for the timely preparation and distribution of the Board Meeting material for the Area and ensure that the Board Meetings are conducted in accordance with the local legal requirements
• Take directions from the Tax Vertical in ensuring compliance with tax regulations, optimising tax cost and managing tax risk in the Area. The Tax Vertical will continue to have overall accountability for managing the tax processes in the Area for entities where this is already offshored
• Drive a robust control environment which mitigates all material control risks in the Area
• Drive the Fixed asset management and control across area
• Ensure that any risks and control deficiencies raised by AFRBCO/GRA/GIA are addressed timely by driving the required actions and improvements to close
• Ensure that the control self-attestation the Area is performed and reported correctly and is being performed consistently in an upright manner
What we are looking for
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Finance, Tax, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification
• 5+ years of applicable experience, including time with Big 4 Accounting firms or another large regional firm
• Strong experience with Financial Reporting systems
• Superb Excel financial modeling capabilities
• Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate across management levels and across functional teams
• Proven ability to complete quantitative/qualitative analysis and financial modeling
• Proven track record to influence and deliver results in highly matrixed, cross-functional working environment
• Proactive and positive attitude, with enthusiasm to drive operational results
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.