Jobs at:Shining Hope For Communities
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day payments of various nature including but not limited to branch reimbursements, utility bills, normal suppliers, member related payments etc
• Pay dividends, interest rebates and honoraria as and when declared in accordance with the Law and or/ Society Policy.
• Ensure all Society bank accounts are in agreement with bank statements, that bank charges are authenticated, correct and in time.
• May be required to prepare monthly payroll and ensure all statutory and other relevant deductions are correctly done and returns made to the relevant authorities by their due dates and /or in accordance with the Society policy
• Produce a monthly aged account payables report of all Society outstanding payments obligations.
• Ensure due reconciliation of creditors’ subsidiary accounts versus the control account.
• Ensure operation of an efficient and effective filing system that ensures safety of documents and quick retrieval thereof in compliance with the law and or the Society policy
• Monitor the performance of the society by understanding in detail the variances between the actual vis-à-vis the budgeted level of Society activities.
• Advice the Financial Accountant on matters of importance that affect the Finance Department and / or the whole Society.
• Supervise and obtain relevant reports from the officers under him/her; and undertake their performance appraisal as and when required.
• Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related field.
• Minimum CPA Part II
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
• 2 Years experience in a relevant field.
• Experience in a busy accounting office especially in reconciliation will be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy (MS. Office, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
• Examining information
• Articulating information
• Providing insights
• Establishing rapport
• Interacting with people
• Empowering individuals
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear Subject line as ‘Finance Assistant – Mombasa’. Applications should reach us no later than 26th June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.