Assistant Credit Controller
Jobs at:Karen Country Club
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Credit Controller
To ensure that the Accounts Receivable department is properly supported to deliver a wholesome experience to members while at the same time safeguarding the cash flow of the Club.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow up on overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
• Monitor receipting of daily collection in Members’ accounts in liaison with the cashiers.
• Provide weekly status report on the portfolio accounts during the weekly debtors’ review meeting.
• Ensure payments received from the Members are accompanied by a remittance advice.
• Allocate all Members’ receipts per customer remittance advice.
• Send monthly statements to Members and ensure that balances outstanding from the clients are accurate at all times.
• Act as lead in addressing the Members' disputes and queries and escalating any unresolved issues to the Credit Controller.
• Reconcile the general ledger of all receivable account balances at end of each month and any variances are explained and documented accordingly.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure that client invoices are accurate, delivered on a timely basis with all the necessary documentation and any client query addressed as per set KPI’s and credit policy.
• Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
• Undertake account reconciliations as required.
• Preparation and circulation of monthly debtor listing.
• Follow changes and trends in industry niche and related legal regulations.
Academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce – Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• Member of the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants Kenya.
• 2 years experience in credit control in a busy hospitality establishment.
• Meticulous (attention to details).
• MS Excel and ERP software skills – accounts receivable module preferred.
• A good sense of urgency in execution of tasks.
• Good decision-making, numerical, analytical and communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their updated CVs and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd August 2022 with the email subject – Assistant Credit controller. Karen Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.