Assistant Director Accounting Services Job Group "P"
Jobs at:Murang’a County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
• Follow up on Audit matters including compilation of County Treasury memorandum in respect of County allocated to the officer;
• Follow up implementation of Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the ministries/districts allocated to officer;
• Preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
• Consolidation of cash flow projections submitted by Departments; and maintaining a checklist of returns and reports received from Departments to ensure compliance with law and Treasury circulars.
• Assisting in administration of the Accounting Unit;
• Assisting the head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting
• Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Department;
• Preparation of management and statutory reports including final accounts;
• Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
• Overseeing the processing of funding arrangements to County in the Department and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Authorization of payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits; Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the accounting unit;
• Handling disciplinary matters for the head of accounting unit;
• Providing advisory services to the County departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
• Participating and advising in Tender
• Committees, County Executive Committees, County Development Committees etc.;
• Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Ensuring expenditures are within the allocations; and developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal
• Treasury regulations and procedures.
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the County including maintenance of appropriate and up to date accounting records;
• Preparation of management financial reports which include monthly expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc.;
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the head of accounting unit.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: –
• Degree in Commerce, Accounts, Business Administration, or any other field in finance
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB)..
• Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 leadershipand Integrity.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should apply online using the link http://apply.muranga.go.ke/ on or before close of business on 11TH January 2023
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
• Any Form of Canvassing Shall Lead to Automatic Disqualification.
• Women, Minorities and Persons Living with Disabilities are Encouraged to Apply.
• Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Required to Produce Their Original Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, Clearance And Other Relevant Documents In Support Of Their Applications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.