Assistant Director Livestock Production
Jobs at:Laikipia County Government
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Organizing technical workshops, seminars and agricultural shows; guiding the preparation of technical papers and reports for professional forums; providing technical advice and information in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture, and ranching: promoting economic livestock farming; organizing extension activities which include field days, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits; participating in collaborative research activities; analyzing livestock inputs and products samples; disseminating livestock production technologies such as construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation; implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, livestock breeding, nutrition, emerging livestock and other animal husbandry interventions; and advising farmers on group formation, construction of farm structures and equipment. In addition, duties and responsibilities will involve: - overseeing effective and efficient management and preparing work plans and budgets for either a sheep and goat station, livestock farm, mobile pastoral training unit, pastoral training Centre or livestock improvement and multiplication farm; preparing agribusiness, ranch and farm plans; participating in monitoring and evaluation of livestock programmes; maintaining inventory of assets in a livestock production station/farm; collaborating with research institutions and other stakeholders on livestock production matters; and planning for conservation and utilization of range resources.
Requirements for Appointment: -
• Served in the grade of Principal Livestock Production Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Sciences and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution;
• Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Sciences and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution;
• Have served in the directorate’s senior management position for a period of not less than 5 years.
• Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities in initiating and implementing livestock production policies.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications complete with a detailed resume, a copy of the National Identity card, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLICANTS
To be considered, your application must be received on or before 30th January 2023.
Application and all other attachments should be sent as ONE PDF document of not more than 5 MBs.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present their original academic and Professional documents during the interview.
Laikipia County Public Service Board only contacts through the number indicated above and does not charge any fee at any of the recruitment stages.
Any form of Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Laikipia County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Persons with disability, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.