Assistant Director/Manager, Finance & Accounts
Jobs at:National Hereos Council
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VACANCY NO. HC/12/2022: Assistant Director/Manager, Finance & Accounts
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
• A Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least three (3) in a senior management role in the Public Service;
• Bachelors Degree in either Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master's Degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA,K) or its equivalent
• Membership and in good standing of a relevant professional body/Institution;
• Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications with emphasis on Financial Management Information Systems; viii. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing and overseeing the implementation of a dynamic Finance strategy that is able to deliver exemplary services and results as envisioned in the strategic plan;
• Develop the Council's budget and continuously monitor and evaluate its implementation;
• Giving oversight to the Council's financial affairs and advise the Council on financial planning strategies and policies;
• Ensuring effective and efficient management of the Council's resources including finances and other assets and liabilities;
• Ensuring the provision of meaningful, accurate and timely financial and management accounts and reports to the Director General and the Board;
• Negotiating with banks, donors and development partners for appropriate support;
• Participating in the development and review of the Corporation strategic plan;
• Ensuring compliance with Public Financial Management Act, IPSAS and IFRS and ISO Standards and other legal and regulatory policies;
• Reviewing the financial plans in line with the overall strategic objectives and government performance contract;
• Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems;
• Understanding and mitigating key elements of the corporation financial risk profile; and
• Overseeing the operations of Finance & Accounting divisions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through the recruitment portal recruitment.nationalheroescouncil.or.ke on or before close of business 10th February, 2023. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted and shall be required to download and dully fill the Heroes Council application for employment form, from the Heroes Council website. The Candidate will be required to produce originals of their Birth Certificate, National Identity Cards. Academic and Professional Certificate and transcripts during interviews.
National Heroes Council is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Heroes Council
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.