Assistant Finance Officer - Dadaab
Jobs at:United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budgets (ABOD); monitor and control ABOD expenditure in the office.
• Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
• Review vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
• Propose monthly cash requirements for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
• Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
• Provide financial status reports to supervisors.
• Analyze and evaluate financial reports within the area of responsibility on a regular basis.
• Maintain relationships with local bank at the transactional level.
• Ensure that payments are effectuated by the monthly deadline.
• Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
• Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
• Verify that all financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
• Prepare office-level financial expenditure reports submitted to the Regional Bureau or Headquarters.
• Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For P1/NOA 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
• Accounting; Finance; Public Administratin
• Business Administration; Economics; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
• Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Relevant Job Experience
• Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications. Excellent communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.