Assistant Finance Officer
Jobs at:Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF)
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role is responsible for receiving and banking all cash receipts, petty cash management and maintenance of accounting records. The role holder will also provide support to the Finance Officers.
• Qualification: Bachelors Degree
• Experience: 1 year(s)
• Undertake proper accounting for the schemes and ensure correct apportioning of costs as per budgets
• Ensure timely submission of inputs for processing of financial information.
• Carry out bank reconciliations.
• Review general ledger to detect non-budgeted expenditures and investigate to determine corrections/
• Keep a record of the fixed assets and update it regularly.
• Handles any requests for budgetary information.
• Assist in providing relevant information/reports to external auditors.
• Receive invoices, ensure they have proper supporting documentation and record them in the system.
• Record all payments and receipts in ledgers.
• Prepare vouchers for approved payments.
• Facilitate release of cheques to customers and dispatch of payroll.
• Maintain the accounting registry.
• Responsible for petty cash and imprest management including maintenance of petty cash records and co
• Ensure accurate and timely computation and remittance of statutory requirements.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports on payables and expenses.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelors Degree or an equivalent in bachelor of commerce (accounting/finance option) from accredited and recognized institution.
• Expertise in budgeting and budgetary controls and procedures for financial reporting.
• Proficiency in IT
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
• Creativity and innovation skills.
• Action oriented and demonstrated ability to manage priorities
• Quality focus and attention to detail.
• Professionalism and integrity in line with Kenya Power Pension Fund values
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement, and achievement of goals.
• Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers).
• Risk awareness and focus - demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Should be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.