Assistant Finance and Budget Officer
Jobs at:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Professionalism: Has knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Has some knowledge of the United Nations financial rules and regulations including International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). Is able to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Has conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Is able to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• A first-level university degree in business or public administration, management, economics, finance, international relations, or a related field is required
• A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in national and/or international finance, budget and administration or related area is required
• Work experience with electronic administrative and business processes systems is desirable.
• Experience with SAP/Umoja is desirable.
• Work experience with countries in the region is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English, is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.