Assistant Information System Auditor
Jobs at:PACIS Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Information System Auditor
Pacis Insurance Company Ltd wishes to appoint an Assistant Information System Auditor in the internal audit department. The Assistant Information System Auditor will be a committed professional who will report directly to the Internal Audit Manager and will be expected to contribute to the successful delivery of the annual plan of internal audit department activities.
The candidate will be expected to operate in a team environment whilst at the same time be assigned responsibility for specific assignments. The ability to communicate effectively is an essential requirement for this post and strong report writing skills are required. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills; be self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative. The successful candidate will display a high level of professionalism and sound judgement and possess the confidence and ability to influence people and work at all levels in the organization. An awareness of emerging issues with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the industry and provide advice, guidance and innovative solutions where required will be necessary.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Delivery from planning to completion of the Internal Audit Plan as set out by the Internal Audit department.
• Perform detailed evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems and infrastructure.
• Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls.
• Perform assessments of all new and existing systems (including peripheral/interfaced applications).
• Preparing audits reports which clearly communicates audit findings and recommendations.
• Reviewing new applications systems development acquisitions or major changes to existing systems i.e. analysis, design and identified inherent risks.
• Reviewing data and network security e.g. access controls, systems back-ups, segregation of duties, etc.
• Reviewing documentation/procedures such as Service level agreements, IT contracts, DRP, programs and ICT policy.
• Reviewing software and hardware support and maintenance.
• Provide advice in resolving information security incidents.
• Quality assurance to ensure that all work delivered, including working papers, both meet the standards required as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions.
• Updating the status of the previous internal and external audit findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
• Conducting audit work as directed by the Internal Audit Manager in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
• The timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value-added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
• Develop and maintain productive business relationships across all departments and functions in the organization.
• Compare and contrast organization controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls.
• Develop professional capability through on the job and internal and external training.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
• Achievement of sound control systems to safeguard the Information systems of the company
• Execution of audit plan
• Rate of clearance of issues
• Timely reports
Experience, skills and knowledge requirements Required
• At least two years audit work experience specializing in Information Systems audit from a reputable organization;
• Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business-related field;
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) will be an added advantage.
Technical, functional and core competencies;
• Excellent technical IS audit skills.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
• Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
• Have great attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
• Act in a professional and ethical manner always including observing the confidential and independent nature of Internal Audit’s work.
• A positive and flexible can-do attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
• Highly organized with strong organization and planning skills, ability to priorities tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the audit plan.
• Excellent IT skills.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 27th April 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.