Assistant Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Co-operative Bank of Kenya - Co-Op Consultancy & Bancassurance Intermediary Limited (CCBI)
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Internal Auditor
• Determining internal audit scope for the Sacco and developing annual plans.
• Assist in the Preparation of a comprehensive audit plan for the Sacco as regards the nature, extent and timing of the audit activities.
• Checking the internal controls of the Sacco and gauging their strengths and weaknesses.
• Recommending changes on how the Sacco is working so as to have the internal controls in place to safeguard the Sacco assets.
• Checking the societies’ operations efficiency and effectiveness and recommending changes in areas, which are inefficient and ineffective.
• Checking the costs as per the vote and the suitability of such expenditure.
• Performing duties, which would require investigations, or other ad hoc duties such as quantifying losses for court cases.
• Co-operate with external auditors on matters regarding internal control and any other matters arising from their work.
• Checking the loans paid to ascertain that the society’s relevant policies and procedures are followed.
• Checking monthly and final financial statements to ascertain their accuracy and completeness.
• Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
• Prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document process.
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost saving.
• Maintain open communication with management and the audit committee
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
• Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
• Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
• Checking the information system controls and ease and suitability of use by the society staff and recommend necessary measures to be undertaken to ensure its profitable use.
• Maintain working relationships and enforce SLAs within departments to ensure timely communication and delivery of service to customers.
• Continuously seek professional training to enhance the quality of work.
• Assist colleagues through the contribution of technical opinions and analysis to solve issues.
• Endeavor to be a team player through work collaborations, sharing of new business ideas and mentoring new team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or related degree from a recognized University.
• Must-Have CPA or ACCA qualifications.
• Must be a Bonafide member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or ICPAK.
• Must have Certification in Risk Management & Systems Audit from a reputable body.
• Professional certification in Internal auditing from a reputable body like (IIA) is an added advantage.
• Proven 5 years of related work experience in a financial institution is an added advantage
• Experience with an organization implementing ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System Standard is an added advantage.
• Minimum KCSE C+ mean grade.
• A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Other professional qualifications are an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies
Essential Knowledge/Skills Required:
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
• Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgment
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Report writing and presentation skills
• A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
• Current information on the Sacco’s business and financial affairs
• High level of professionalism and integrity
Desirable Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Assignment planning and project management skills
• Good personal judgment
• Self-confident and motivated
• Initiative and innovation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.