Assistant Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Internal Auditor. (Job Ref: ZU/10/Adv/62/2022)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager. The position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
• Assist the Internal Audit Manager in the development and/or execution of risk-based annual audit plan.
• Conduct financial, operations, systems and compliance audits to complex operations in accordance to the International Standards of Auditing (IAS).
• Assisting in establishing a follow-up mechanism on agreed recommendations on financial, operational and regulatory deficiencies reported during past audits.
• Performing institution wide risk assessment and maintaining of the risk register.
• Safeguarding the institutions assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation.
• Audit financial reports and records for accuracy and reliability.
• Reviewing and evaluating the system of internal controls, assess their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement.
• Ensuring institution compliance to the laid down policies and applicable Kenyan laws and regulations.
• Preparing audit working papers properly documenting the work performed and assertions made.
• Drafting on a monthly basis audit reports and communications on work performed for review.
• Providing adequate follow-up mechanism to make sure that adequate corrective actions are taken and that it is effective.
• Collaborating and assist the internal audit manager through gathering information needed for the annual external audits.
• Compiling follow up reports for presentation to the management.
• Conducting and coordinating Quality Management Systems audits as per ISO 9001:2015.
• Conducting and coordinating QMS and risk management trainings.
• Bachelors’ Degree in a business-related field.
• A minimum of CPA Part II/ACCA Part II.
• Working knowledge in an ERP environment.
• At least one (1) year experience in internal audit function or in a well-established audit firm.
• Experience or a qualification in QMS 9001:2015 and / or a Certified Information Systems Auditor qualification is an added advantage.
Qualities & Skills
• High levels of integrity
• Performance oriented
• Self-driven professional with good analytical and report writing skills with a keen eye on details.
• Customer focused and dedicated to offering service while providing solutions and support in a timely manner.
• Team player
• Committed and able to go the extra mile.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com quoting the job reference number on the subject line and; indicating their expected salary on their application letter, not later than 9th DECEMBER 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.