Assistant Manager, Human Resource Management & Administration
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
Chief Manager Corporate Services
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible to the Chief Manager, Corporate Services, an officer at this grade will be expected to provide strategic direction and policy advice on all matters relating to the Human Resource Management and Administration. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities entail;
• Formulating and implementing human resource policies, strategies and procedures;
• Overseeing development of work plans, procurement plan and budget for the Division;
• Coordinating the management of office accommodation and maintenance;
• Managing fleet and transport;
• Facilitating the provision of security services within the Fund premises;
• Ensuring health and safety for the staff in accordance with the provisions of relevant legislation;
• Ensuring that Fund’s assets are insured as appropriate;
• Overseeing the preparation of administrative reports on repairs and maintenance;
• Coordinate development and updating inventory on office equipment and furniture;
• Initiating formulation and implementation of administrative policies, strategies and procedures;
• Initiating development of work plans, procurement plans and budget for the department;
• Coordinating the implementation of administrative services policies and procedures;
• Developing and reviewing Human Resource processes, structures and systems;
• Preparing work plans, procurement plan and budget for the Human Resource management department;
• Preparation and implementation of the Department’s performance contracts;
• Scheduling work in the department to ensure smooth flow;
• Advising management on human resource matters including legislative and policy issues;
• Ensuring optimal utilization of human resources within the Fund and advising on proper deployment;
• Overseeing Human Resource activities in such areas as recruitment, appointment, placement, human resource planning, discipline, pensions and promotion; training, performance management, remuneration among others;
• Developing staff performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
• Ensuring provision of administrative support in areas such as maintenance of personnel records, payroll administration, leave administration, processing of staff benefits, medical policy, insurance and management of retirement benefits scheme;
• Ensuring compliance with all the statutory and regulatory requirements relating to Human Resource management;
• Preparing and presenting Board papers;
• Secretary to the Human Resource Advisory Committee;
• Coordinating the development of departmental strategic plan;
• Providing advice to the Board and implementation of audit recommendations;
• Ensuring tracking of human resource management costs and expenditure items; and
• Assessing performance, mentoring and coaching of staff under the Officer’s purview.
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field/ social sciences from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Certified Human Resource Professional CHRP (K) certificate;
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Membership with the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) and with a valid practicing certificate;
• Strategic Leadership and Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
• At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience, three (3) of which should have been at a management position.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Successful candidates in job grades PCF2 and PCF3 will be engaged on a five (5) years contractrenewable based on performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.