Assistant Manager, Planning, Research & Insurance Risk Monitoring
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
Chief Manager, Technical Services
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible to the Chief Manager, Technical Services and will be responsible for managing, planning, administering and reviewing of Planning, Research & Insurance Risk Monitoring activities. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will be to:
• Developing and Implementing Policies, Guidelines, Regulations and Frameworks for Insurance Risk Monitoring;
• Implementing risk assessment activities including analysis, measurement and reporting of insurers risks;
• Coordinating special on-site examination and off-site surveillance of the insurers;
• Assessment, collection, reconciliation and reporting of contribution levy by insurers;
• Ensuring formulation of investment plans, objectives and consistently monitoring the growth of the Fund based on PCF mandate;
• Monitoring the respective insurance risk profiles and recommending appropriate mitigating measures;
• Steering the development of the Fund’s Strategic Plan and monitoring its implementation;
• Spearheading the preparation, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of the Fund’s Annual Performance Contract;
• Developing and reviewing policies, procedures and guidelines to inform research, planning and quality assurance in the Fund;
• Foster local and international alliances that promote strategic linkages and partnerships, exchange of information and experimentation of innovative ideas;
• Carrying out Surveys, Studies and Research on matters relating to the Fund’s mandate, activities and decisions;
• Preparing and implementing the Fund’s quality management system through quality assurance programmes;
• Overseeing the development of the Fund’s annual work plans and resource needs and prioritize its activities;
• Coordinating the Enterprise risk and business continuity management in the Fund;
• Oerseeing the implementation of business process re-engineering initiatives;
• Spearhead advocacy initiatives in line with the fund’s mandate;
• Harnessing and disseminating knowledge and information on current and emerging issues in research innovation and strategy through publications, workshops, seminars, conferences and presentations at local and international fora;
• Knowledge management including repository for sector data and statistics and general management of the Fund’s statistical databases;
• Conducting financial sector research and policy analysis, and preparation of position papers and reports in liaison with other financial sector players;
• Publishing and disseminating research papers and statistical reports to the industry;
• Carrying out benchmarking and ensure adoption of Best Practice in the conduct of the Fund’s activities;
• Conducting policy research and analysis by providing research based advice on Compensation of Policyholders;
• Spearheading the development and implementation of the Fund’s research and development policy;
• Providing advice as required on all matters related to research, strategy and planning in the Fund;
• Periodical reporting on the above roles as appropriate;
• Aligning the Fund’s strategies with national and county policies, plans and strategies;
• Developing and ensuring implementation of the Division’s strategic objectives, Quality Management Systems, Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Plans; • Creating awareness and management of stakeholder relationships;
• Ensuring development and implementation of the Division’s strategic objectives, Quality Management Systems, Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Plans of the Department;
• Providing leadership including Performance Management to the Division;
• Mentoring and coaching staff under the Officer’s purview;
• Providing advice to the Board and implementation of audit recommendations;
• Developing and implementing the Divisions Strategies, Annual Work plans and Budget; and
• Assessing performance, mentoring and coaching of staff under the Officer’s purview.
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Actuarial Science, Finance, Insurance, Economics, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Master’s degree in Commerce, Actuarial Science, Finance, Insurance, Economics, Business Administration or their equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution; • Membership with relevant professional body;
• Strategic Leadership and Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
• Demonstrated administrative ability and competence in compensation & resolution;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience, three (3) of which should have been at a management position.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Successful candidates in job grades PCF2 and PCF3 will be engaged on a five (5) years contractrenewable based on performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.