Assistant Manager, Relationship
Jobs at:Standard Bank Group
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To support the Relationship Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of a commercial client portfolio:
• By providing a central office-bound contact point for the customer.
• Responsible for the actual preparation of credit applications and supporting loan documentation - Credit Origination Fulfilment
• By monitoring all loan facilities in the portfolio (on a joint responsibility basis with Credit Division) on a daily basis against set parameters/ conditions.
• By adding value to clients through the identification of cross-selling opportunities,
• Sales fulfilment support.
Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
• Providing a 2nd face office-bound point, for a portfolio of Business relationships/clients.
• Performing a liaison role between the Customer, and all other Internal support divisions of the Bank.
• Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing complex but standard commercial product, solution and service offerings.
Credit Origination, Credit fulfilment and Portfolio management (Lending Support and Risk Management)
• Interpreting business and financial information e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings and/or offshore holdings etc, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
• Completes annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
• Completes all requests of a Credit or Collateral nature on behalf of the client, in consultation with the RM.(Authority or Confirmation Sought’s)
• Interacting with clients to obtain and analyze financial material, i.e. Debtors lists, Management accounts, cash flow budgets, in terms of agreed covenants (Portfolio management)
• Monitoring of daily excesses and authority sought requests to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. May exercise discretion (with management approval) regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
• Management of limits, i.e. ensuring that limits are timeously renewed (Portfolio Management)
• Accurately and efficiently collating and checking securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
• Control of facility letters.
Sales (in consultation with the RM)
• Mining i.e. investigating and understanding customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities.
• Complete, accurate completion of CVCA on salesforce
• Explaining, promoting and cross- selling additional value adding solutions to existing customers
• Identifying sales leads, in consultation with the RM, for Product offerings e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; CATS Africa; Bancassurance / wealth (where available); Property Finance Division, Foreign Exchange, Franchising, etc.
Compliance with Regulations/Legislation
• Compliance with general banking and credit policies and procedures.
• Type of Qualification: First Degree
• Field of Study: Business Commerce
• Relationship Banking (Client Coverage)
• Business & Commercial Clients
• 3-4 years
• Previous portfolio management experience servicing a portfolio for Business or Commercial Banking clients. Experience in a Branch sales and/or service role. Experience in preparing Credit motivations and understanding of lending principles.
• Developing Strategies
• Directing People
• Embracing Change
• Empowering Individuals
• Establishing Rapport
• Making Decisions
• Providing Insights
• Pursuing Goals
• Showing Composure
• Taking Action
• Understanding People
• Valuing Individuals
• Economic Capital Management
• Financial Acumen
• Process Governance
• Risk Identification
• Risk Reporting
• Risk Response Strategy
• Risk/ Reward Thinking
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.