Assistant Manager – Finance (Scheme Accountant)
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Deadline of this Job:
03 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Officer will ensure that the organization’s financial resources are managed in a procedural and ethical manner
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
The job holder duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
• Working together with the Head of Finance and Investment to formulate the company’s financial strategy and ensure it is properly implemented.
• Facilitating the formulation and implementation of sound financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems which are compliant with acceptable accounting policies and legal requirements.
• Preparing budgets and periodic financial performance reports for presentation to the Head of Finance, Investment and Property
• Supporting the Head of Finance, Investment and Property in developing long term business strategies and operating plans for the Scheme which are in line with the longer term goals and priorities.
• Supporting the development of departmental budgets in line with overall company mission and objectives.
• Maintaining controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are
• Ensuring that all finances and appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place, properly administered and monitored.
• Liaising with Internal and External auditors and responding to queries, observations and recommendations
• Providing operational financial support and guidance to the Head of Finance, Investment and
• Property on budgeting and financial performance
• Preparing vouchers, periodic financial reports and interpreting the same to the section head
• And any o Managing the collection and banking of cash and cheques
• Reconciliation of clients’ accounts and statements on a monthly basis
• Checking invoices against supporting documents in preparation for payment
• other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field from a recognized University.
• Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• CPA – K or ACCA finalist
Previous relevant work experience required.
• At least four (4) years’ of work experience with at least one (1) year at a supervisory role
• Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
• Ability to supervise an accounting team.
• Should be confident, a self-oriented , with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
• Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgment showing logical
• Decision making and a hands on approach.
• Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
• Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
• Strong decision making ability.
• Strong analytical and planning skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.