Assistant Manager – Taxpayer Education
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assistant Manager – Taxpayer Education
The person will be responsible for creating tax awareness through implementation of public and institutional tax education initiatives for taxpayer segments and sectors, content development and management, and outreach programs. S/he will support coordination of curricula development in response to taxpayer knowledge needs and implement taxpayer assistance programmes across the country. The person will also be responsible for managing institutional and sectoral partnerships aimed at enhancing tax literacy in Kenya.
Key Performance Areas
• Conduct taxpayer education needs analysis to inform curricula design
• Conduct regular review of tax curricula to ensure currency, relevance, and suitability for target taxpayers
• Conduct direct teaching/training of taxpayers and support sourcing of facilitators
• Oversee preparation and validation of teaching and training materials
• Coordinate regional training programmes
• Track the quality of teaching/training modules to ensure effectiveness
Education Outreach & Taxpayer Assistance
• Develop schools’ outreach calendar and monitor its implementation
• Assure quality of outreach programmes and execute necessary interventions to ensure business value
• Generate regular management reports on the effectiveness of outreach programmes
• Manage the Mobile Tax Unit (MTU) and determine the route-map for maximum taxpayer reach
• Manage corporate partnerships for enhancing taxpayer education
• Coordinate learning partnerships e.g. benchmarking, and information exchange
• Manage development and review of tax content to maximize content accuracy
• Oversee production of print content and monitor dissemination across KRA regional/service stations to aid taxpayer outreach, sensitization, and assistance
• Design guidelines for executing interactive debates (edutainment) initiatives
• Mobilize taxpayer audiences for edutainment initiatives
Correspondence & Liaison
• Oversee management of correspondence with taxpayers/stakeholders
• Liaise with various departments on TED matters
Reporting & Inventory Management
• Develop and quality assure Board reports and responses
• Monitor the Division’s implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives; Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
• Quality assure TED divisional monthly/bi-annual/annual reports
Finance & Procurement
• Monitor absorption of TED funds
• Coordinate all supply chain matters for TED programmes
Organizational & People Management
• Manage the team, with Supervisor as direct report
• Full talent and performance management of TED Division’s interns and attaches
• Support implementation of the Corporate Taxpayer Education Strategy
• Stand in for the Manager on request
• Any other request by line manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication or a relevant field is required
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience in education management, 1 year experience at Supervisory level.
• A post-graduate/professional qualification in education/curriculum management
• Demonstrable experience in advocacy or outreach in public sector agencies
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Advanced mobilization and outreach skills
• Experience in leading and managing teams
• High level of numeracy, budgeting, reporting and IT skills
• Highly developed diplomacy and influencing skills
• Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to think systematically
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing in English.
1. All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
2. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. All applications should be submitted online by 23rd May, 2022.
4. KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
5. KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
• After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
• After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
• Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
• After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
• On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
• Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
• Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
• The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
• Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
• To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
• Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
• Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
• To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
• Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
• Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
• To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.