Assistant Manager - International Policy Analysis
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Facilitating international tax matters by spearheading legislative changes for effective cross border taxation and stakeholder engagement
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Performing secretariat roles for Kenya’s participation in all meetings dealing with international tax (OECD, UN, EARATC, ATAF)
• Providing input into the implementation of OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) Action 13 (Country-by-Country Reporting) minimum standard
• Providing input into the implementation of OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) Action 5 (Countering Harmful Tax Practices) minimum standard
• Providing input into processing of applications for Tax Residence Certificates
• Providing input into questionnaires, technical notes, surveys and calls for comments regarding international taxation matters.
• Draft material for Marketing and Communication Department for the media, press conferences and press briefings
• Performing Team leader roles
• Preparing monthly and quarterly performance reports for the section
• Identifying gaps in staffing and training within the team and making recommendations to the Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Public Policy, Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized University
Professional Qualifications / Training
• Advanced training in International Tax.
• Post Graduate degree in Tax & Customs Administration is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required
• Four (4) years of progressive work experience with at least 2 years handling international taxation matters and at-least (1) year at Supervisory role.
Competencies required for this Role
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written (English).
• Excellent supervisory skills.
• Attentive to details.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity.
• Effective Negotiation skills.
• Excellent knowledge of international tax issues and tax legislation.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• Excellent computer skills
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.