Assistant Supply chain Officer
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage all procurement aspects of the project based on LEF/DWS policies and guidelines.
• Ensure project proposals and budgets reflect procurement considerations.
• Develop and implement procurement plans
• Ensure integrity in the procurement process including quotation, negotiation, award and management of supply and service contracts
• Enhance the control systems in procurement by conducting regular market surveys and timely follow procurement regulations,
• Conduct timely performance evaluations for procurement assistants and implement staff development plans.
• Provide orientation to new staff and visitors on procurement issue for LWF Kakuma field office
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for procurement and status or as may be requested from time to time
• Source quotations from prequalified suppliers and analyze the data.
Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management plus membership to a professional recognized body
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in purchasing and supplies management.
• Demonstrated knowledge procurement/contract principles
• Demonstrated knowledge Contract administration
• Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
• Dignity and justice
• Compassion and commitment
• Respect for diversity
• Inclusion and participation
• Transparency and accountability
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.