Assocaite Director- Grants and Compliance Bilingual (French/English)
Jobs at:Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global)
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Lead financial grant management implementation process from partner selection to project close out, being diligent in monitoring donor compliance while providing capacity building to all stakeholders involved. Guides Program staff through the strategic and operational end of the grantmaking process.
• Reviews and provide feedback on grantee financial reports and deliverables regarding compliance, working with Program staff and Finance to ensure that grants are effectively monitored and closed out in a timely fashion.
• Work in partnership and coordination with programs teams to guide partner implementation of donor funds, ensuring high impact results, donor compliance and effective use of funds, providing technical assistance as needed
• Manage the appropriate systems including Fluxx and Mides to ensure the organization and maintenance of meticulous records for each Partner, tracking and ensuring all the necessary documentation is submitted in a timely manner, validating quality of data for decision making purposes
• Serve as liaison between Partners, technical/operations staff, and the ARO office and US to clearly document, address and resolve any necessary issues or challenges encountered during grant implementation.
• Work proactively and closely with individual Partners to identify and remedy any delays or problems encountered in the implementation of the grants, ensuring issues are reported immediately to the appropriate program staff.
• Provide teams with accurate and timely consolidated reports of financial expenditures for donor-mandated reports, that allow for agile decision making
• Work closely with Partners providing financial oversight and review/processing of payment documentation (receipts) as needed, providing technical assistance on best practices for donor funding implementation.
• Lead, design and deliver capacity building sessions and technical assistance with key stakeholders on subject matters related to the financial strengthening of an organization,financial leadership and sustainability, donor funding best practices, financial risk assessment and strategic financial planning
• Participate in the design and solicitation process for future awards and the selection of additional Partners; assume a lead role to ensure the process is well-managed and conducted in a collaborative and efficient manner. Lead onboarding process of new Partners to provide assessment of their financial readiness, financial health and risks in assuming new awards
• Collaborate with the Director of Grants and Compliance on designing and implementing a technical assistance program tailored to the needs of each new partner, focused on strengthening the organization's financial health and sustainability
• Collaborate and implement capacity building workshops and programs that enable our partners to grow financially and become ready to graduate
• Collaborate with program staff to establish the program’s annual objectives and outline how to allocate the award and operational budget.
• Oversee the coordination of timely submission on approved milestones and deliverables (ie financial reports); work closely with Partners to complete any delayed or incomplete milestones.
• Collaborate with Program Officers to draft regular reports on the Partners’ progress and activities for senior and technical management as well as appropriate staff in the US
Systems and Operations:
• Participates in PPG's ongoing efforts to implement a grants management system including the development of ongoing enhancements.
• Participates in ongoing efforts to improve and streamline PPG’s grantmaking processes, workflows and systems; achieving greater efficiencies and sustainable solutions
• Work independently and effectively, in cross-functional teams, at a global level with multiple languages and across different time zones
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time and fall within the capabilities of the employee.
• Contribute to PPG’s project work plans, budgets, and annual/quarterly reporting.
• Acting as the primary contact with Program Teams in developing and reviewing grant materials for legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring the integrity of each grant awarded and working with grantees in the awarding and monitoring of grants. Regularly interacts with other regional office staff and collaborates with New York office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations. Requires regular contact with
• in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of PP Global.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• Should have a first degree in project management, Business or related field from a recognized university with seven-ten years of work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of grants management life cycle and/or experience of working in the non-profit sector. Experience in financial analysis; Familiarity with Fluxx or related grants management platforms. Knowledge of Google suite platform is necessary.
• Minimum of Five years’ experience in Grants management and/or Financial Analysis.
• Experience working with foundation grants preferred. Good understanding of best practices in procurement necessary
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.