Associate, Financial Markets Sales
Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer's business, and understanding of their potential needs for Treasury products, through regular liaison with SCB's principal RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customer.
• Establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the decision maker(s) for Financial Markets products for each allocated customer, through regular calling, visits, entertainment etc., with the objective that the customer always calls SCB when in need of products we are able to supply
• Ensure speedy and positive response to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specifically allocated group of customers
• Drive account planning and active management of key clients In Kenya to develop the FM wallet.
• Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer's perspective
• Active dialogue with key clients – knows their needs / get involved to address key issues
• Work closely with stakeholders to drive strategic client agenda
• Work closely with the Trading desks to ensure risk is managed and transferred adequately, the Bank continues to respond to market changes in a timely manner and efficiency on pricing client transactions.
• Deliver on Kenya FM Sales budget
• As Per Financial Markets Sales Policies and Procedures
• Ensure that all FM Sales processes are adhered to in line with approved policies and procedures
• Ensure that all FM Sales processes & controls conform to the group standard, and where they deviate approval is sought from the appropriate governance forum.
• Ensure that FM Sales processes and controls are monitored and reported in line with the group operational risk framework.
• Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective.
• Where applicable, ensuring that Market Risk and Counterparty limits are not exceeded.
• Maintain an adequate control environment and operational procedures to prevent loss arising from non-adherence to controls.
• Be aware of and comply with data confidentiality requirements
• Ensure portfolio owners are responsible for all trades booked to the portfolios. Ensure to book trades only in authorised portfolios / accounts.
• Observe Personal Account Dealing policy and procedures
• Ensure that all business or transactional related conflicts of interest touching on my portfolio of clients are identified and mitigated as necessary.
• Drive business in a controlled manner; active ownership of key risk / control matters, with quick / effective escalation.
• Ensure compliance with EAF guidelines, monitor utilisation of each customer’s trading limits with SCB and ensure all trades booked are within approved client trading limits. Where necessary, obtain specific pre-approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction
• Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations to form part of the culture
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal candidate
Role Specific Competencies
• Client Pitching
• Forwards and Futures Hedging
• Credit Derivatives
• Commodities OTC
• Foreign Exchange
• Interest Rate Options- Caps and Floors
• Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
• Money Markets
• Structured Derivative Notes and Swaps
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.