Jobs at:FSD Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 14 2023
Date Posted: Monday, June 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Responsibilities And Role Requirements
Execution of the investment process, completing the necessary tasks in a timely and resourceful manner:
• Data collection, analysis and quality assurance
• Deal vetting, pipeline reporting, and preparation of investment proposals and documentation; includes proposal analysis and financial modelling
• Deal monitoring and deal closing activities, i.e. supporting the Senior Investment Manager with legal documentation, closing off Conditions Precedent amongst other tasks related to deal closing.
• Working on investment follow-ons, restructuring, and exits as required
• Production of zero-error financial models and other quality investment outputs that require minimal review by the Senior Investment Manager.
Market trend analysis
Ensure the Senior Investment Manager have the market intelligence information to make decisions on investments, and to report on investee performance and market building impact:
• Executing of FSDAi’s ESG, Safeguarding, Risk, and Valuation policies
• Taking the lead on analysis to implement the policies
• Producing high quality reports on policies for the investment team discussions and decisions
Investee reporting and monitoring and stakeholder engagement
Produce investee quarterly reports and engage with investee TA programme execution:
• Analysing financial, impact, risk, and ESG performance
• Actively engage in TA programme execution and monitoring, coordinating with FSDA teams and the FSD network
• Working closely with IM, as required, in interventions to support potential investments, such as feasibility study, sector analysis or co-creating/ designing an investment approach with FSDA or a potential investee
• Engage and work with Senior Investment Managers as well as analysts in ensuring efficient use of staff and financial resources. Show initiative in continuing to improve and build on operational processes and procedures, reporting, and team engagement. Deliver tasks in a timely manner.
Carry out any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications and Education
• Masters Degree with 3 years or Bachelors Degree with 4 year of relevant and practical work experience, working in investment banking, financial advisory, development finance, or private equity.
Essential Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
• Sound and proven financial modelling, valuation and investment analysis
• Practical experience with ESG and risk monitoring
• Practical experience with the design and execution of technical assistance
• Practical experience with impact models in private investment
• Good communication skills and in particular power point presentations
• Enthusiastic, creative, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile
• Passion for, and track record of economic and social development in Africa.
• Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and interest and commitment to international development.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.