Associate Director Finance
Jobs at:Nature Conservancy
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsibilities And Scope
• Manages overall financial activities to achieve Africa program's strategic goals.
• Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating plans and related tactics and overseeing day-to-day tasks in the various areas of the finance function.
• Lead and support budget development for proposals, private award management, cost assignments, award modifications and ensure proposal compliance check, adequate coverage of operational costs and alignment to donor requirements and TNC policies.
• Provides high-level financial analysis to senior organizational leadership, on budgets, financial performance, and other specific areas.
• Supports finance team in periodic financial reporting and annual key tasks – Council, Leadership reports and annual revenue allocations - to ensures their accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
• Co-leads the fiscal year budgeting process with the Conservation Director by overseeing preparation and maintenance of BU multiyear operating budget; ensures cost coverage for operating costs and oversee updates to the operating budget actions, and changes regularly
• Highlight any key challenges or opportunities influencing the BU’s performance against goals
• Decisions may bind organization financially and legally.
• Manage, support, and monitor new financial initiatives in the Africa Business unit.
• Generally, supervises professional and finance staff and build their capacity.
• Ensure programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
• Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
• May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 7 years related work experience.
• MBA and CPA(K) or ACCA qualification.
• Experience working with computer and information management systems, Excel spreadsheets and databases for financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
• Experience recruiting, supervising, and developing staff.
• Experience in developing, managing, and implementing multiple projects.
• Experience managing a large finance department in the not-for-profit organizations.
• Experience working in complex contexts and dealing with complex situations.
• Experience developing budgets, performing high level financial analysis, and recommending corrective action as appropriate.
• Experience acting as an advisor to senior executives.
• Experience with GAAP and not-for-profit accounting principles, practices, and regulations, including government grants accounting and reporting.
• Experience working with U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133) and state and local regulations.
• 7-10 years’ work experience in large international non-for-profit organizations.
• Highly skilled in analyzing, manipulating, and interpreting data, developing, reporting, and implementing solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators, and field staff.
• Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
• Advanced excel modeling skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office Suite applications including power BI, PowerPoint, word and Outlook.
• Ability to model and synthesize complex financial information, operating and KPI data into appealing presentations (to a nonfinancial audience) to facilitate understanding of operational results and drive performance improvement decisions.
• Ability to manage finances or budgets of multiple projects concurrently. Ability to quickly come up to speed on new concepts by synthesizing research for deeper analysis.
• Service oriented. Courteous, personable, tactful, and experienced dealing effectively with all levels of staff.
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.