Associate Professor in Finance
Jobs at:KCA University (KCAU)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels through lecturers, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the HOD from time to time.
• Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
• Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, Achievement and attendance.
• Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
• Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality curriculum.
• Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
• Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
• Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants.
• Contribute and participate in the development in the departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
• Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counselling.
• Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
• Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
• Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
• Attend departmental, Faculty and University –wide meetings with other staff members;
Qualifications And Experience
• PhD Degree in Finance or related field from an accredited and recognized university
• At least 8 years’ teaching experience at University level
• Should have published at least 8 peer reviewed articles in distinguished academic journals
• Supervised at least 3 PhD students and 5 Masters students to completion
• Has attained the Academic Rank of an Associate Professor
Other Skills And Competencies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent research skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Time management skills and attention to detail
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 14th July, 2023.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of your email should read: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN FINANCE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.