Associate (Projects), Nairobi
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 30 1899
Date Posted:Saturday, December 30 1899, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A core contributing factor to the influence Instiglio has had thus far includes our collaborative, highly skilled and diverse team. We are a team of 60+ people, representing 15+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia, Kenya, Morocco and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in international development banks, national governments, multilateral agencies, INGOs and academia.
How you will make an impact
Instiglio offers a unique work experience at the intersection of the private, public, and social sectors. As an Associate you will gain expertise by contributing to the development of Results Based Financing (RBF) instruments while playing a crucial role in the execution of our projects. You will gain thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assess tradeoffs, and make recommendations for technical design of RBF instruments.
Associates at Instiglio support project teams in guiding stakeholders through difficult, yet important, changes to their operations by translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Within the team, you will work directly with a team composed of a Project Lead, Project Manager(s), Senior Associates, fellow Associates and Analysts. You will also get to develop and hone your people management skills by guiding Analysts working under you to deliver high-quality services.
The key responsibilities of the Associate will include, but are not limited to:
1. Describing and interpreting graphs, analyzing data and applying statistical concepts (e.g. mean, SD, regressions) to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
2. Proposing and structuring data analyses and testing hypotheses.
3. Participating in the preparation of proposals and client deliverables.
4. Articulating the technical components of RBF in an eloquent and accessible manner in deliverables.
5. Developing technical components of RBF instruments from scratch by assessing considerations and trade-offs unique to each design.
6. Contributing to the execution of change management plans for clients and stakeholders across sectors, and in the creation of proposals for clients, using clear communication.
7. Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
8. Analyzing and understanding all the dimensions of RBF including economic and complex technical concepts.
Who you are
We are growing a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. Our Associates support our strategy and growth throughout Anglophone Africa and Globally. Our ideal candidates are of Kenyan nationality and must meet the following requirements to be successful:
Bachelor's degree holder in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Policy, Political Science, Business, Engineering or related fields. Master’s degree is preferred.
1. At least 3 years' relevant experience in public policy research, strategy/management consulting, international development, or similar fields.
2. Experience in performance management and results-based financing (RBF) are an added advantage but not a mandatory requirement.
Full written and oral working proficiency in English (C2).
1. Highly analytical with excellent numerical accuracy.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) or Google Workspace (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.).
3. Ability to synthesize technical information into simple concepts and analyze information critically.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. High organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. A team player attitude and enthusiasm for relational work with clients.
7. Passion for international development.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.