Assurance Service Line, Audit Manager
Jobs at:Ernst & Young
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your Key Responsibilities
• Carry out client acceptance/continuance and engagement acceptance/continuance procedures as per the firm policies and procedures.
• Engage clients to understand and evaluate the potential risks of material misstatements and develop audit plans to respond to the identified risks in accordance with International Standards on Auditing.
• Develop engagement budgets and manage the implementation by ensuring costs are managed and engagements are delivered as per the set timelines.
• Manage the book of business by ensuring engagement team members have charged time to the assigned engagements, work in progress is billed as per the agreed timelines and collection of debts is done.
• Perform detailed review of audit engagement files to ensure sufficient and appropriate audit evidence is obtained to be able to draw reasonable conclusions on which to base the audit opinion.
• Review draft financial statements to ensure they are fairly stated, and necessary disclosures have been made as per the requirements of the International Financial Reporting Standards and other regulatory requirements.
• Review financial and technical proposals for submission to potential/recurring clients.
• Coach audit teams members on the execution of the audit engagements as per the firm’s audit methodology which is in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs).
• Manage the audit engagements as per the set milestones ensuring the firm’s policies and procedures have been followed to deliver quality audit files and meet client’s expectations.
What we look for;
• You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
• You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
• You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a Business-related field, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), Law or Computer Science
• 7+ years of audit experience
• A professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or CA);
• Advanced Computer skills and analytics;
• Foreign Language will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.