Audit Associate - Operations / Finance
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
08 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Audit Associate will assist the Senior Audit Manager to deliver on the annual approved audit plan for the business. Assist the team with the planning, administration and execution of audit assignments, enabling their completion to a high standard within the agreed timelines.
Provide audit operational support on engagements with the focus on the preparation, delivery, reporting and evaluation of the results of the audit engagement in response to the needs of the company, stakeholders and external regulators.
• Audit Planning: Assist the Senior Audit Manager in the execution of a risk-based annual audit plan. Support audit planning procedures using the company’s audit methodology.
• Audit Execution: Conduct audit engagements under supervision and may be responsible for undertaking non-complex audits which will involve pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of the business’ internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement. Complete allocated tasks to a high standard which meet set reporting and auditing standards. Work closely with the Senior Audit Manager to ensure the organization is compliant with current legislation and best practices.
• Systems & Processes Review: Support the frequent review and evaluation of the system of internal controls, assessing their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement. Performing frequent substantive tests of internal controls to identify risks.
• Documentation: Preparing audit working papers properly documenting the work performed and assertions made. Identify early warning signals and communicate challenges and possible solutions, as well as potential opportunities to the Senior Audit Manager.
• Reporting: Assist in drafting audit reports and other relevant documentation showcasing the result of the audit and proposed recommendation. Prepare audit reports and recommendations to improve control processes for executive management that clearly present audit results in consideration of the business context. Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions
• Recommendations Follow through: Conduct adequate follow-up mechanisms to make sure that adequate corrective actions are taken and that the implementation is effective.
• Supporting the audit teams in their daily functions.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Bachelors’ Degree in finance or business-related field;
• A minimum of CPA Part II/ACCA Part II and ongoing; CPA finalist or ACCA Qualified is preferred;
• CIA qualification will be an added advantage;
• At least 5 years’ experience in finance/audit with at least 2 years in internal audit function;
• Working knowledge in an ERP environment;
• Demonstrated experience in a financial statement audit experience or related environment;
• Strong understanding and experience with IFRS, International Standards on Auditing, and other assurance-based reporting standards;
• Understanding and knowledge of testing both internal control tests of designs and internal control tests of effectiveness;
• Good analytical and report writing skills with a keen eye on details;
• A self-starter with good learning agility.
Competencies & Key Skills:
• Good Financial Acumen;
• Results oriented
• Self-driven professional;
• Team player;
• Project Management Skills;
• Tech Savvy.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Audit Associate - Operations / Finance
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.