Audit Senior Associate
Jobs at:Deloitte Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main purpose of the job
• The incumbent will support the execution of audit fieldwork and ensure that assigned tasks are conducted economically and per agreed client and Firm standards on a series of exciting and challenging Audit engagement projects.
What you will do
• Support the delivery of engagements/projects in specific area of competency;
• Assist in identifying client needs and problem technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address these;
• Raise issues with the Audit Seniors and Managers as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement;
• Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per Service Level Agreements with clients;
• Actively build business relationships that generate leads, identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with management to win the business;
• Assist in development of client presentations/discussion documentation;
• Assist in managing engagement risk in line with Deloitte policies;
• Maintain clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status;
• Maintain own development and knowledge in specialised area; and
• Comply with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the Firm's quality control procedures.
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
• Currently pursuing a professional accounting qualification such Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
• Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
• Proficient in Auditing software.
• At least two (2) years’ professional audit working experience.
• Experience with an internationally recognized auditing firm is an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
• Strategic Impact - Support the delivery of engagements, in specific area of competency.
• Budgets / Profitability - Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per SLA.
• Client Impact: Internal & External - Communicate regularly with both Audit Senior, Engagement Manager and client to meet deliverable expectations in specific area of expertise.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
• Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others;
• Strong client delivery focus;
• Adaptable and able to manage ambiguity with ease;
• Sound problem-solving ability.
• Knowledge of accounting, auditing and regulatory professional standards;
• Demonstrated leadership skills;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Good financial knowledge;
• Sound business acumen;
• Focus on quality and risk; and
• Well-developed computer user skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.