Jobs at:JM Associates
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
• Identifies and Communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risks.
• Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
• Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
• Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
• Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
• Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
• Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality accurate, and efficient results.
• Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to end risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
• Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of IFRS and ISAs
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
• Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
• Reliability Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
• Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
• Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
• Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
• Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
• Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raise.
• Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk control and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing.
• Good communications Skills along with good or developing negotiation skills.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
• Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances information and challenges
• Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
Education and Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Technology or the equivalent combination of education training and work experience.
• A Minimum of at least 2 years’ experience as Audit Senior is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA (Section 5 Minimum), ACCA, CISA, CFE)
• Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
• Conversant with CCH Audit System
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to JM Associates on jmassociates.co.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.